About Me

My photo
Hello, I'm Bearnard (a.k.a. Bernie) B. Behr. I travel around the United States with my human Gary, who is a professional tour guide for California Sunriders motorcycle tours. We both come from Conifer, Colorado, a nice little town in the Rocky Mountains. We travel all over the country finding beautiful places and meeting all sorts of people from around the world. I keep Gary from getting in trouble and help him keep the guests on his tours happy, not an easy job! We have a lot of fun together and see a lot of really great places, and since Gary is a professional photographer too, we have some great pictures too (usually starring yours truly). Gary also likes to write a lot, (he's a little long-winded but tells a good story) so there's usually a lot to read. It's a good thing too, I can't type very well with these paws, so I'll have Gary do most of the writing. Keep coming back and enjoy the blog. Feel free to post a comment or make suggestions (like how to keep these crazy humans in line!) and we look forward to reading them. Sincerely, Bearnard B. Behr And Gary Fleshman

Sunday, December 30, 2007

The final Days at the NEC Motorcycle Show


For the next few days of the show we spent a lot of time meeting really nice from all over the U.K.. We also had some more friends come by and say hello. We also got some time to go wander around the show and get a look at all the new motorcycles coming out for the next year. There were Harleys, Hondas, Kawasaki's, BMW's, Triumph, Royal Enfields, Triumph, and many more.


We walked around for quite a while looking and drooling over all the new bikes. We saw some really nice motorcycles and all the neat stuff that goes with them. I even got the chance to ride the new Honda 80cc. It's a lot of power for yours truly, but a lot of fun.


We also saw several bikes that were just my size! They would be perfect for doing the tours for me, but Gary said that he didn't have enough money to buy a bike just for me, so I guess I'll just have to be happy riding on the back of his bike.


I liked this bike a lot, it was just about my size! But I just didn't like the colors! So we walked around some more looking at all the neat stuff until one bike caught my attention.

This is the one!

Now this is much better, now all I need is for Harley-Davidson to make a bike my size for doing the tours. If you're gonna do "The American road" (Historic Route 66), then I think you need to do it on a classic American motorcycle. But with this bike I could do the whole Route in just a couple of days, not weeks! After the silly human dragged me off this bike kicking and screaming, he saw a bike we had to go see.


This is the bike Gary was obsessed with. This is the new Triumph touring bike, and the silly human kept babbling about it being the perfect bike for Touring around the U.K.. He said something about if he was going to be riding around the U.K. he should do it on a local bike. This one was just perfect…until Gary saw the price tag and then converted it into US Dollars! The poor guy just about passed out, but I calmed him down with a Guinness and we kept looking around. Then as we were going back to look at it again, something else caught Gary's attention (thank goodness too, I hate seeing that guy cry). We were walking back to the Triumph when we heard someone calling out the silly humans' name. We looked all around until I noticed where it was coming from.


It was these beautiful ladies modeling the new Kawasaki bike. Apparently Gary met one of them the night before at the Pub when he and some friends from a previous tour went out for dinner and a few pints (and the B@$*@%d left me behind at the B&B). Then they saw me and forgot all about Gary! They wanted to play with me and Gary said it was okay, and then they wanted a picture of me with them! All of the other human men looking at us, were mumbling something about me being the luckiest bear in the world, or something like that!




It didn't end there either, after we said goodbye and walked around some more a couple of other human Ladies wanted to give me a hug. They were really cute too! I got my hug s and it was time to get back to the H.C. Travel booth and go back to work (the silly human kept whining about staying there with the pretty girls though). So we went back and met some more really nice folks and had a great time at the show. I sure hope we get to come back to the show next year so I can get some more hugs!


That's about all for now, keep checking back as the story continues…


No comments: